At its session on 13 April, 2017, after the presentation of the 2016 Index, the HJPC BiH adopted the following conclusions:
- The Index is forwarded to the Standing Committee for the Efficiency of the Courts and the Standing Committee for the Efficiency of the Prosecutors Offices for further consideration, in order to assess trends within the BiH judiciary and the individual index values, all with the aim of further examining their causes and proposing targeted measures for improvements;
- The Standing Committee for the Efficiency of the Courts and the Standing Committee for the Efficiency of the Prosecutors Offices are tasked with considering the possibilities for introducing sub-indexes on cantonal/district levels that would be developed according to statistical data available to the HJPC through the CMS and TCMS and to consider ways to publish the results;
- Present the Index results to the court presidents and chief prosecutors at the annual court president and chief prosecutor conferences;
- Inform the BiH public on the Index results;
- After the presentation of the 2016 Index at the annual court president and chief prosecutor conferences, in cooperation with USAID MEASURE-BiH, present the results to the judges and prosecutors regionally;
- The implementation of the BiH Judicial Effectiveness Index will be nominated by the HJPC BiH for this years Council of Europe competition – “The Crystal Scales of Justice” for innovative practices contributing to the efficiency and quality of justice. The HJPC BiH President is tasked with managing, overseeing and coordinating all activities related to the preparation and submission of the application.
The Joint Conference of Court Presidents and Chief Prosecutors that was held on 22-23 May, 2017, also adopted the following conclusions after the presentation of the 2016 Index:
- The Joint Conference of Court Presidents and Chief Prosecutors in Bosnia and Herzegovina acknowledged the results and findings of the BiH Judicial Effectiveness Index for 2016;
- The HJPC BiH will use the findings of the Index to draft an analysis of causes and identify targeted measures for improvements to both individual and aggregate values for the 2017 Index;
- The HJPC BiH will present the findings and the results of the Index to the judges and prosecutors in BiH regionally, so that all judicial office holders are made familiar with the measurement instrument and can maximise their actions to improve performance results.
You can download the 2015 and 2016 Judicial Effectiveness Index reports using the links to your right.